2017 SeasonPublished on Thursday 20th April 2017
Welcome to the 2017 season of the HDTL which starts on Sunday 23 April.
- The annual tournament will run from 11-17 June at Harrogate Racquets Club. Details are under the Tournament tab.
- The Annual Dinner and Trophy Presentation is on Friday 22 September at The Black Sheep Brewery, Masham, organised by West Tanfield Club.
- This season we have a new set of Match rules, so please make sure you know them (see under the Information tab). The Results card is different as well, and captains should ensure it is completed, scanned or a photo taken and emailed to HDTLsecretary@hotmail.com
- All match results can be seen by clicking on the 2017 Season tab.
- Each week a match report is submitted to the Harrogate Advertiser and the website, from one or more matches in the league.
- Any queries about the new match rules should be given to your Club rep (names by club are under the Clubs tab) and they can forward the club’s view to the HDTL committee for information and consideration.
Enjoy the tennis season!
HDTL 2017 FixturesPublished on Saturday 11th March 2017
The spreadsheet showing the Official HDTL fixtures for 2017 is available by clicking here.
If matches are postponed due to bad weather, the revised date is shown in the results which can be viewed by clicking the 2017 season tab. All results will be available by clicking on the 2017 season tab.
The new match rules for 2017 and the new results card are available under information for you to print off.
Eligibility of players from matches played in 2016 is available by clicking on the 2016 tab under information.
The 2017 tournament can be entered, by email, and the closing date is 1 June. Click on the Tournament tab for more details.
HDTL Divisional Formation 2017Published on Saturday 11th February 2017
The following divisional formation for the 2017 season was agreed at the AGM. Divisions 1-5 will have 8 teams playing 14 matches home and away. Division 6 will have 9 teams playing 12 fixtures home and away.
AGM 6 FebruaryPublished on Thursday 27th October 2016
The AGM is on Monday 6 February 2017 at 7pm at Harrogate Racquets Club, and all clubs must have entered their teams by that date. Any teams that drop out of the league will affect the relegation positions.
Click here to see the Final 2016 league positions.
The top two teams are promoted. Relegation is not confirmed until the AGM. At the AGM clubs enter their teams for the 2017 season.
HDTL EGMPublished on Wednesday 31st August 2016
At the HDTL EGM on Tuesday 6 September 2016 the proposal to change the match format was voted on and carried by 13 votes to 10. The HDTL Committee will now put the rules in place ready for the start of the 2017 season.
14 clubs attended the EGM, three clubs sent their apologies and two further clubs did not attend.
Any proposal by a club or the committee to change the league rules or constitution must be received by the HDTL secretary by 31 December 2016, and will be considered by the committee for inclusion at the AGM (date to be confirmed).